You’ve got a fresh new asphalt or sealcoated surface, what's next?
Smart companies call us to handle the pavement marking and striping. That’s because with other companies, you can’t be sure of the quality of the job they’re going to provide you. At Clay’s Asphalt, we’ve striped thousands of parking lots and paved surfaces and you can be sure that we’ll do the job right.
30 Years serving the cities of Ft. Pierce, Vero Beach, Stuart, and the counties of Martin, Indian River, and St. Lucie.
Clay's Asphalt will layout and stripe new and existing parking lots to existing plans or we will re-configure striping to meet municipal code and handicap requirements. We use Florida D.O.T. approved traffic paint and thermoplastic paint as required by the various municipalities.
We stripe clearly marked stalls, handicap spaces, directional arrows, crosswalks, and stop bars that result in a more efficient traffic flow and pedestrian protection. Striping is an essential part of maximizing space in a parking lot and can often be started within just a few hours after the asphalt sealer has been laid down.
We pay special attention to ensuring that line markings are ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant and all work is performed as per city requirements.
Common Pavement Striping Procedures:
- Lines will be laid out using chalk guide lines
- Industry standard templates will be used where required.
- Parking stalls will be ten feet wide if possible and care will be given to ensuring good traffic flow in and around the parking lot.
- The asphalt surface will be made free of dirt, sand, gravel, oil and other foreign matter.
- Where necessary, oil spots on the pavement will be cleaned, primed, and/or patched to prevent adhesion.
- Striping will be a uniform thickness of about four inches wide and will be straight and uniform.
- Paint drying time will vary from 15 minutes to 3 hours; however, 24 hours should be given for complete curing.